Have a Swanderful September!
We have some swantastic news for fans this month as we reveal the release date and poster for the final movie in the beloved Swan Princess series! You can watch the new film on September 19!
Join all of your favorite characters and embark on one last fairytale adventure in The Swan Princess: Far Longer Than Forever!
Don't forget to share your reviews on social media with #swanprincess
Keep reading for a swanderful summer cobbler and a Speed inspired activity!
"We Wanna Hear From You"
As we release the final movie in the series, over the next few months, we want to hear even more about all of our fans, from those that have been here from the beginning to those that have only just discovered the magic of The Swan Princess.
This month we want to tell us your favorite movie in The Swan Princess series!
There are no wrong answers and you can have as many favorites as you like!
Share your answer on any of our social media channels with #swanprincess and tag us in your post or email Odette@SwanPrincessSeries.com
Latest Pin Release!
For those of you that missed it, we have a new pin available inspired by one of the most famous lines across the series.
This new pin also opens up to reveal the iconic scene from the first movie.
Congratulations to Anna Nielsen, the winner of our coloring contest!
She won an animation art cel from Swan Princess 3, The Secret of the Enchanted Treasure.
This month we are celebrating the birthday of Prince Li, talented musician and heir to the Empire of Cathay.
This makes Prince Li's zodiac sign a Virgo and his birthstone the blue sapphire.
Virgos are perfectionists and are easily fixated by both ideas and tasks. They systematically approach their lives with very linear thinking and an "if this, than that" way of problem solving. This shows in Prince Li's dedication to his impressive and intricate musical style.
Virgos are hyper aware of details and this makes them very picky about the things and people they keep around them. Prince Li has excellent taste in his interest in Princess Alise and his bride Yu Yan.
Virgos are good at taking complicated jumbles of information onto clear, sometimes oversimplified concepts. They are resourceful and committed friends. Prince Li shows this when he can tell that Lucas is the perfect partner for Alise and selflessly helps it happen.
We think this sounds just like Prince Li!
Blue sapphires are associated with royalty and are said to be good for attracting wealth and gifts. As a picture of perfect royalty, this fits Prince Li to a T.
Is your birthday in September or do you just like the color blue?
Swanderful Summer Cobbler
This cobbler goes down a treat with everyone at the castle, especially when it is served with ice cream!
If JeanBob joins you, make sure to have some spare ice cream to one side or he might run off with some of your delicious desert instead of waiting for his share whilst you are distracted with the baking!
• 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar, divided
• 2 ½ pounds fresh or thawed frozen fruit (approx. 10 cups)
• 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour, divided
• 3 tbsp aged sherry vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
• 1 ½ tsp kosher salt, divided
• 2 tsp grated lemon zest plus 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1 (8oz) container mascarpone cheese, crème fraîche, or sour cream
• 6 tbsp heavy cream, divided
• ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
• 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
• ½ cup fine semolina flour or fine cornmeal
• 2 ½ tsp baking powder
• 2 tbsp turbinado sugar
• Vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Toss together 1 1/2 cups granualted sugar, fruit, 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 tsp salt, vinegar, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl.
3. Transfer the fruit mix to a 3-quart baking dish (e.g. 13x9 inch dish) and carefully spread the mixture so that it makes an even layer.
4. Set the fruit aside.
5. Next whisk the butter, mascarpone, 1/4 cup cream and vanilla bean paste together in a medium bowl until smooth before settint aside.
6. In another bowl, whisk together the baking powder, semolina flour, any remaining 1 cup all-purpose flour, any remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the rest of the 3/4 teaspoon salt.
7. Carefully add the mascarpone mixture to the flour and stir together with a fork. Keep stirring until you form a dough with a shaggy texture.
8. Take a 2 1/4-inch scoop and divide the dough into 9 mounds (approx. 1/4 cup each).
9. Arrange the dough moubds on top of the fruit filling.
10. Brush the dough with the remaining 2 tbsp cream.
11. Sprinkle the dough with turbinado sugar.
12. Bake your cobbler for approx. 70 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown and the cobbler thickens in center (the cobbler should also be bubbly).
13. Remove from the oven.
14. Allow the cobbler to cool on a wire rack for around half an hour minutes.
15. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!