Princess Odette has an Easter egg hunt planned for everyone in the village and will be helping the children paint and design their very own Easter eggs!
You can join in the springtime fun with the activities below! Remember to share your creations on social media using #SwanPrincessOfficial
Our swantastic pin collection gained a bridal beauty last month, in the form of the beautiful Princess Odette.
Those who preordered will receive their pin soon!
You can now purchase this design for $29.99
Hot Cross Buns
These delicious hot cross buns are a traditional Easter treat and can be served hot or cold. They can also be enjoyed with numerous toppings or on their own, whether you keep it simple with butter or add a delicious fruit or chocolate topping, they are sure to be an egg-cellent snack!
• 225 ml Whole Milk
• 500 g Strong White Bread Flour
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 65 g Caster Sugar
• 8 g Dried Active Yeast/Fast Action Yeast
• 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp Ginger
• 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
• 50 g Unsalted Butter (cold)
• Zest of 1 Orange
• 200 g Raisins
• 2 Medium Eggs
• 30 g Flour
• 30 ml Water
1. Carefully warm the milk in a pan until it is just steaming.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, yeast, sugar and orange zest
3. Add in the butter and rub the mixture between your fingers until it resembles bread crumbs.
4. Take the warmed milk and add it to the bowl.
5. Add the eggs and raisins before mixing it all together.
6. Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes until the mixture is smooth and springy to touch.
7. Lightly oil another bowl and place the mixture into the oiled bowl.
8. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave the dough to rise until it has doubled in size (approx. 1-2 hours).
9. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead lightly on a floured surface.
10. Split evenly into 12 balls (approx. 98g each) and place on to a lined tray. Make sure there is about a 1inch gap between each bun.
11. Cover with lightly oiled cling film, and leave to rise (approx. 45-60 minutes).
12. Whilst the buns are rising, preheat your oven to 392F/200C/180C fan.
13. Whisk together the flour and water, and pipe two perpendicular lines across each bun to form a cross.
14. Bake for 20 minutes.
15. Allow to cool.
For a sticky and shiny hot cross bun, brush each one lightly with apricot jam after they have been baked before allowing them to cool!.
Add 100g chocolate chips to the mixture for another egg-cellent variation of this recipe!
This April we are celebrating the birthday of the villain we love to hate, Rothbart! This makes Rothbart's zodiac sign Aries and his birthstone a diamond.
Aries are a very strong personality. They are loud, brave, passionate, and strong. They are warm and likeable with a big personality but get bored easily so they are constantly finding new ways to entertain themselves.
They love competition and even more than that they love to WIN competition. This makes them very driven to get exactly what they want out of life.
Aries thrives off attention and thrill-seeking adventures. They have a big presence and love to make an entrance.
Though they are courageous they can also be reckless. Aries are very honest and somewhat tactless, they always say what they're thinking.
The diamond symbolizes strength and has been worn by many powerful people in history, both good and bad, to bring strength and invincibility.
Is your birthday in April or do you just love the color of the sparkling diamond? Purchase your gemstone locket here!
Egg-citing Egg Roll:
You can enjoy the Spring air playing this game outside and even enjoy some crafting or painting. If it's a rainy day, you can also play inside!
You Will Need:
• Paints/Colored Markers
1. Hard-boil the eggs (ask an adult if you need help).
2. Allow the eggs to cool before decorating them.
3. Use paints, glitter and markers to design the egg however you like!
4. When the eggs are dry, head to a hill or somewhere with an incline.
5. Everybody should then line up at the top of the hill, holding there eggs carefully.
6. On 3, everyone should let go of their eggs (no pushing the eggs - simply let go!).
7. The egg that reaches the bottom first is the winner!
If you don't have a hill nearby, you can make a ramp at home, here are some alternatives.
• A piece of wood elevating with other items.
• A flat piece of plastic elevated with a cushion.
• A lid from a large box propped up against a chair or sofa.
As an added challenge, you can create an extra rule for your game - no cracks allowed! If any eggs are cracked/broken after the race, they are disqualified or drop down a place in the final rankings!