The new year is the perfect time to celebrate love, friendship and all of the good things that make us happy - let's appreciate what last year gave us and look forward to what the new one will bring!
Be sure to stay up to date with The Swan Princess and be ready to embark on new adventures with us this year!
Start the new year with excitement and watch the live-action concept trailer and animation side-by-side
The Swan Princess had such an amazing 2019! We filled out this fun recap and thought you might enjoy filling it out too!
Check out the highlights from 2019:
Live-Action Concept Trailer Release
With the new year comes new beginnings!
Here at the castle, we like to encourage all to make realistic and achievable goals. Princess Odette uses this worksheet to help make her goals a success for the year. Give it a try!
We've talked all about new beginnings and goals - why not try a new recipe?
- 3/4 cup (150g) self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1/8 cup (25g) ground rice
- 1/4 cup (50g) unrefined light muscovado sugar
- 1 lemon zest (finely grated)
- 3/4 cup (150g) unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
- 5/8 cup (125g) mascarpone cheese
- 1 Tbsp unrefined golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup (200g) raspberries
- 1 tbsp unrefined golden icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan, gas mark 6).
2. Put the wholemeal self-raising flour into a processor with the ground rice, light muscovado sugar, and lemon zest.
3. Add the butter and blitz for a few seconds until the mixture turns into crumbs
4. Continue blending until the dough becomes a ball.
5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and stamp out 6 heart shapes using a 5cm cutter (or use other fun shapes).
6. Place the shortcake shapes onto a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until the shortcake is pale brown and thoroughly cooked through.
8. Remove the shortcake pieces from the tray and let them cool on a wire rack.
9. Whilst the cookies are cooling, mix together the mascarpone cheese, golden caster sugar, and almond extract.
10. Split the shortcakes and serve with a generous dollop of mascarpone, some raspberries and a sprinkling of golden icing sugar.