Read About December's Featured Swan Princess Fan Here
Find December's Trivia Question and Coloring Page Here
Presents are being wrapped and hidden away, ready to be opened on the special day.
Kitchens are filled with the smell of fruit and cake whilst glittering ice has covered the moonlit lake.
Children play as the snow falls from above as families celebrate the season of love.
Purchase The Swan Princess Christmas here and sing along to old and new festive songs in a joyful tale the whole family can enjoy!
350g/12oz plain flour, plus extra for rolling out
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
175g/6oz light soft brown sugar
1 free-range egg
4 tbsp golden syrup
Gingerbread Men Cutters (or use other shapes)
1. Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon.
2. Add the butter and blend or use your fingers until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the sugar.
4. Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together before adding to the breadcrumb mix you just made and pulse in a food processor (or use another method) until the mixture clumps together.
5. Knead briefly until smooth then wrap in clingfim and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
7. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
8. Roll the dough out to a 0.5cm/¼in thickness on a lightly floured surface.
9. Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place them on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them.
To make your gingerbread into decorations, use a skewer at this step to make a small hole in the top of each shape!
10. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling then you can decorate with writing icing and cake decorations
You could make the gingerbread people into edible portraits of your friends and family members.
Try and make different shapes like christmas trees and snowmen!
Product News for the Holidays:
A new limited edition fantasy pin is on its way!
It features Princess Odette in swan form resting gracefully on the lake as the moon shines behind her. The pin is be approx. 3 inches tall and limited to just 50 copies worldwide!
Stay tuned for the presale beginning this holiday season!
Princess Odette and her friends are all making wreaths this year to hang on the doors and around the castle!
Winter Wonderland Wreath
It may not snow outside where you are but this wintery wreath will ensure you have a snowy feel wherever you are.
You Will Need:
Chunky White Yarn
2D Snowflakes (Store Bought or Handmade)
1. Cut out a thick cardboard ring with a good size for the center hole as you will be decorating this later.
2. Wind around the white yarn until you have covered the whole ring then keep adding more layers of yarn for extra thickness and to make sure the cardboard is completely covered. Secure the end with a small knot and tuck the end under the yarn.
3. Use your chosen adhesive and add the decorations to the bottom of the inner circle of the wreath.
4. Stitch or glue the snowflakes randomly on the wreath.
5. Sprinkle the wreath with glitter to add a subtle shimmer.
Color Pop Wreath
For a modern, fun twist on the classic decoration, this wreath will brighten any room!
You Will Need:
Foam Ring (from a craft store)
Spherical ornaments of different sizes
Ornament Hooks/Craft Wire
1. Attach the hooks to each decoration using glue and bend the hooks and wire so there is a long point.
2. Push each ornament into the wreath by poking the hooks you have attached into the foam.
3. Keep going until you have covered all of the foam!
Festive Felt Wreath
This is a take on the traditional wreath but with a difference and it's great fun to make!
You Will Need:
Different Shades of Green Felt
Small Spherical Ornaments/Artificial Berries
1. Cut out a thick ring to make a wreath shape.
2. Take the green felt and cut into long strips. They can be the same thickness or all different sizes. Make sure the felt is long enough to tie around the wreath and have some 'tails'.
3. Tie the green felt pieces around the wreath, securing them with a knot and keeping good size 'tails' to disguise any knots and to give a nice full wreath.
4. When you have completed the base of the wreath, use the hot glue or super glue to attach the red ornaments/berries.
Tips for Wreaths
Use a wreath hanger from the store or wrap a piece of string around your wreath and tie a knot and then tie another knot further up the pieces of string so that you can hang your wreath on your door or a hook!
Use different colors or accessories to make your wreath extra unique or to match the décor in a certain room!
Make a Swan Princess themed wreath by adding swans or just by using colors that remind you of the movies and your favorite characters!
Share your wreaths by emailing Odette@SwanPrincessSeries.com for your chance to be featured on our social media!
About The Swan Princess
The Swan Princess is based upon the folk tale and ballet, Swan Lake. The story is transformed into a playfully fun adventure with exciting music, lovable forest friends, and of course, the handsome Prince Derek. The Swan Princess, Odette, has stayed true to original fairy tale princess with her kindness, grace, and loyalty.
Three reasons you should follow us on social media 1) Get a behind-the-scenes look as Princess Odette and Prince Derek continue their adventures 2) Be one of the first to be notified when new products are released and 3) Share your Swan Princess stories and tales with other die-hard fans.