Happy Valentine's Day!
Roses are red, violets are blue and we have swantastic fun to share with you!
This month you may spend quality time with that special someone, like Princess Odette and Prince Derek. Some of you may share some laughter with your other single friends! There may be some of you that will proclaim your romantic feelings to a secret love!
Remember to share your creations on social media using #SwanPrincessOfficial
PRE-ORDER Limited Edition Pins
Last month we asked you to choose the next pin design and we are pleased to announce that the winner is...
BRIDAL PRINCESS ODETTE
This beautiful design measures 2.5 inches wide with an exclusive backstamp and will be available soon. Limited to only 50 copies worldwide. Pre-order price just $24.99, regular price $29.99.
Click here to buy now!
Romantic Red Velvet Cookies
It doesn't have to be Valentine's Day to know how delicious these cookies are. This romantic recipe turns a classic cake into another favorite treat- cookies!
Princess Odette and Alise are going to make these cookies and plan to share them amongst everyone in the castle and village because everyone deserves a little love!
For the Cookies:
• 1.5 cups (175g) soft salted butter
• 1.6 cups (200g) light brown soft sugar
• .75 cups (100g) caster sugar
• 1 large egg
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
•.5-1 tbsp red food coloring gel, depending on strength
• 1.75 cups (225g) plain flour
• .25 cups (25g) cocoa powder
• ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 1.25 cups (150g) white chocolate chips or chunks
For the Drizzle:
• 2 tbsp soft cheese
• 6 tbsp icing sugar
1. Using an electric whisk, beat the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy.
2. Add the egg, vanilla and food coloring. Beat until the mixture is bright red and smooth.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa and bicarb into the batter and fold the mixture until it is stiff with an even color.
4. Fold the chocolate chips into the mix.
5. Collect the dough together and place on a baking tray that has been lined with baking parchment.
6. Fold the sheet over the dough and mold into a sausage shape between 6-7 inches wide.
7. Chill the dough for at least one hour or until ready to bake. You can make the dough ahead of time and leave it in the fridge for up to a week (or a month if placed in the freezer).
8. Preheat the oven to 375F/190C/170C fan/gas
9. Remove the dough from the fridge and cut into 1 inch thick slices.
10. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter or a sharp knife to make the circle slices into hearts. Use any excess dough by collecting it together and rolling it out again and repeat the cutting out process.
11. Place the cookies on lined baking trays, making sure that they have room to spread out as they bake without colliding with each other.
12. Bake for 13-15 minutes until the edges are crisp but the cookie is still soft in the center.
13. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
14. For the drizzle, beat the soft cheese in a small bowl to a loose consistency.
15. Add the icing sugar to the cheese and carefully stir the mixture.
16. Use a spoon to gently drizzle the delicious topping over the cooled cookies.
Its Puffin's birthday in February!
That makes his zodiac sign an Aquarius and his birthstone the amethyst.
Aquarius are assertive and love to be the ones to make plans. They love evidence and facts; they are always looking for truth, justice, and fairness. They are analytical which makes them led more by their heads than their hearts.
Aquarius are not afraid to be themselves. They are unique and a bit eccentric. They always say what they think and can be very flowery when they speak. Their biggest dislikes are stick-in-the-mud type people who don't want to go along with their plans.
Amethyst is considered the most powerful and protective stone. It is used to have control of one's own thoughts and mindfulness and can also protect against fearful feelings.
We think this No Fear attitude sounds just like General Puffin!
Is your birthday in February or do you just like the color purple? Purchase your amethyst gemstone locket here.
Cupids Arrow Game
Test out your skills alone or with friends! You could even joy this fun game with your partner, like when Prince Derek helps Princess Odette hit the bullseye when they take part in archery together.
You will Need:
• Colored Card
• Piece of Cardboard
• Paint/Coloring Pens & Pencils
• Glitter and Stickers (optional)
1. Paint/Color the skewers, adding glitter if you want some extra sparkle on your arrows.
2. Take a piece of card and cut out a small heart shape.
3. Glue the heart to the end of a skewer but upside down, so that the heart forms an 'arrow head'.
4. Next add some 'tails' to your arrow by cutting some more shapes from the cardboard.
5. Now take the piece of card and cut out a large heart shape in the middle.
6. Decorate the card with paint, glitter, stickers or anything else you can find to customize your target!
7. Set the heart shaped target up so that it stands upright and has room behind it (so that your arrows don't break ornaments or hearts!)
Now you are ready to play cupid and get some target practice in by throwing your arrows through the heart target!