Happy Valentine's Day!
Valentine's Day arrives on the 14th of this month and love is in the air around the Kingdom.
It's no secret as to the identity of Prince Derek and Princess Odette's Valentines, however, that doesn't mean the 14th isn't a great excuse to show each other that they care.
After a romantic horse ride around the Kingdom, our favorite royal couple will enjoy a candlelit meal where Derek will present Odette with a bouquet of roses.
Do you have plans with a Valentine? Or will you enjoy a single night out with all of your friends?
Keep reading for a romantic recipe and a loveable activity!
Remember to share your creations on social media using #SwanPrincessOfficial
We have many incredible items available in our official store that make perfect gifts for your Valentine, including our romantic limited edition Odette and Derek pin and the iconic Swan Princess locket!
This gift is lovely for a Valentine or as a treat for yourself! In the village, there is a small shop where the villagers can purchase little gifts for their friends and the person that runs it makes these soaps every Valentine's Day for the people of the Kingdom to buy! Just remember, they may look good enough to eat but they are not edible!
You Will Need:
• Petals from your favorite flowers
• Melt and pour clear soap
• Ice cube or popsicle mold
• Popsicle Sticks
• Pink Food Coloring (or your favorite color!)
• Essential Oils
• Retractable knife
1. Carefully cut the soap into small chunks (you can use the ice tray molds to see how much you need).
2. Put the soap chunks into a microwavable bowl.
3. Microwave/Melt the soap for 30-45 seconds then stir well. Repeat the process until the soap is nice and runny.
4. Add 10-15 drops of essential oils into the melted soap. Mix well.
5. Next, add 1tsp of food coloring before stirring well.
6. Sprinkle flower petals into the molds.
7. When the soap just starts to stiffen around the edges, pour it into the molds until it is half full.
8. Add some more petals and then fill the molds completely with more soap.
9. After a few minutes, when the soap is setting, place a popsicle stick into each mold.
10. Leave to set overnight.
11. Carefully remove the soap. Use the knife to help you remove the soap from the molds.
12. If you have made any dents in the soap, use your finger and a bit of water to gently smooth the surface.
13. Cut the edge of the soap near the popsicle stick to neaten it up.
14. Wrap your soap in cellophane and tie it with a ribbon - you can even add a note if it is a gift for someone
Princess Odette has been making these delicious cookies with Alise to send to all of the villagers so that everyone can enjoy something sweet this Valentine's Day! They made sure to make extras for the two of them to enjoy after delivering them all! Prince Derek likes these too and couldn't resist taking a few extra cookies from the kitchen - even though Odette made a batch especially for him!
• ½ cup/113g unsalted butter , softened
• ¼ cup/50g granulated sugar
• ⅔ cup/133g packed brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp water or brewed coffee
• 2tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 3-3.5 ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
• 1 ¼ cup/155g all-purpose flour
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ tsp baking powder
• 1 ¼ cups small pink and red chocolate candy, plus extra for topping
• ¼ cup sprinkles, plus extra for topping
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Cream together the butter with both sugars.
3. Add the egg, vanilla, and water/coffee and mix well.
4. Add the cocoa powder and the powder of the pudding mix.
5. Mix until nice and smooth.
6. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
7. Add the dry mix to the wet mixture.
8. Mix until just combined.
9. Stir in the candy and sprinkles.
10. Scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the baking tray.
11. Add some of the candy and sprinkles on the top of each cookie ball.
12. Carefully cover the tray with plastic wrap
13. Allow the cookies to chill for a minimum of an hour.
14. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
15. Take a second baking tray and place the cookies on the tray with at least a 2 inch space between each one.
16. Gently press the cookie balls slightly.
17. Bake for 10-14 minutes, until they just begin to lose the glossy appearance.
18. Allow the cookies to cool for five minutes on the tray then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Its Puffin's birthday in February!
That makes his zodiac sign an Aquarius and his birthstone the amethyst.
Aquarius are assertive and love to be the ones to make plans. They love evidence and facts; they are always looking for truth, justice, and fairness. They are analytical which makes them led more by their heads than their hearts.
Aquarius are not afraid to be themselves. They are unique and a bit eccentric. They always say what they think and can be very flowery when they speak. Their biggest dislikes are stick-in-the-mud type people who don't want to go along with their plans.
Amethyst is considered the most powerful and protective stone. It is used to have control of one's own thoughts and mindfulness and can also protect against fearful feelings.
We think this No Fear attitude sounds just like General Puffin!
Is your birthday in February or do you just like the color purple? Purchase your amethyst gemstone locket here.
About The Swan Princess
The Swan Princess is based upon the folk tale and ballet, Swan Lake. The story is transformed into a playfully fun adventure with exciting music, lovable forest friends, and of course, the handsome Prince Derek. The Swan Princess, Odette, has stayed true to the original fairy tale princess with her kindness, grace, and loyalty.
Three reasons you should follow us on Facebook 1) Get a behind-the-scenes look as Princess Odette and Prince Derek continue their adventures 2) Be one of the first to be notified when new products are released and 3) Share your Swan Princess stories and tales with other die-hard fans.
Thank You for the cool emails
Hi ! I remember watching the Swan Princess with my oldest daughter She is 30 now Time goes by way too fast. The swan princess was her favorite movie n mine. We tried getting the dolls when they came out but that was not to be n never saw them again
But we got the small play ice figures n all. One of my favorite memories