Princess Odette has prepared a romantic Valentine's Day meal with all of Prince Derek's favorite foods, whilst Lucas has created a display of tulips and roses for Princess Alise.
February 14th is a time to show the ones you love how much you care. Some may spend the evening enjoying each other's company, others may venture on holiday and some may even propose marriage!
Perhaps you are celebrating the day without a partner but whether you choose to send a card to someone you like signed with 'guess who' or just enjoy the day with friends, make sure you enjoy this season as much as everyone else!
One way to celebrate the season is becoming a trend on February 13th, Galentine's Day! This includes festivities to celebrate the platonic love that exists among lady-friends.
This could include giving your BFF a gift - shop our Galentine's Sale and get 15% with code GALENTINES.
But spending time together is the best way to celebrate. Plan activities like cooking together.
Odette's favorite way to celebrate with her friends is to learn a new skill together, or practice a novel activity, such as horseback riding, skiing or taking an aerobatics class.
Valentine's Day Tarts in 10 easy steps!
2 cups (250g) flour, plus extra for dusting
1/2 cup (125g) butter chilled and diced
1 medium egg
2 tsp vanilla extract (1 vanilla pod)
3 tbsp (100g) jam, fruit curd or marmalade of your choice
1. Add the flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a bowl and rub them together with your fingertips (or you can pulse them together in a food processor) until the mixture looks like fresh breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in the egg and vanilla seeds with a cutlery knife.
3. Add 1 tbsp cold water, then start to bring the dough together in one lump with your hands – try not to knead it too much. Add an extra tbsp of water if it’s not coming together, but try not to add more than that.
4. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees (200C/180C fan/gas 6).
6. Grease a 12-hole tart or muffin tin, then dust your work surface with flour.
7. Unwrap and roll out the chilled pastry to about 1 inch thick, then use a cookie cutter to cut out 12 circles, big enough to line the holes in the tin and put them carefully in the tin.
8. Place 1-2 tsp of your chosen filling into each one and
9. Bake for 15-18 mins or until golden and the filling is starting to bubble a little.
10. Leave to cool in the tin for a few mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
VALENTINES TIP - Cut out pastry hearts and place them on each tart before baking. You could even make swan shapes!
Princess Odette is using a delicious strawberry jam for her tarts but you could try any tasty option. Queen Uberta orders different jam flavors to be used in her tarts when she organizes garden parties.
Why not try something different like fruit curd or marmalade?
Mr and Mrs
This is a great game to play as a couple or with your friends!
1. Find a pair of shoes belonging to each person and split both pairs. Each player should now have 1 shoe from their pair and 1 shoe from their partner.
2. Sit back to back with a shoe in each hand.
3. Choose some questions and write them down or ask some friends/family to choose some, we've included some examples at the bottom of the page. Each question should start with 'who'?
4. Now it's question time - you can read them to each other or ask someone else to read them out!
5. To answer the question, raise the shoe of the person the statement or question relates to more - if they match it's a point!
Who is the tidiest?
Who talks the most?
Who does more planning ahead?
Who is more health-conscious?
Who is the best cook?
Who is the best at keeping up with text messages?
Who snores the loudest?
Who is the best dancer?
Who has the biggest weakness for chocolate?
Who takes the longest to get ready?
About The Swan Princess
The Swan Princess is based upon the folk tale and ballet, Swan Lake. The story is transformed into a playfully fun adventure with exciting music, lovable forest friends, and of course, the handsome Prince Derek. The Swan Princess, Odette, has stayed true to original fairy tale princess with her kindness, grace, and loyalty.
Three reasons you should follow us on Facebook 1) Get a behind-the-scenes look as Princess Odette and Prince Derek continue their adventures 2) Be one of the first to be notified when new products are released and 3) Share your Swan Princess stories and tales with other die-hard fans.