May is a month filled with activity, from Mother Goose Day, Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day and Memorial Day, which jump starts us into summer! We can't wait for all the excitement and togetherness this month!
We want to say 'Happy Mother's Day' to every brilliant, Mom, Grandmother and Mother-like figure to those who celebrate it this month!
Alise is creating a beautiful heart for her Mother's Day gift just like the one she gave to Princess Odette and Prince Derek when she first came to the castle.
Prince Derek has already planned a surprise dinner for Uberta but as our favorite Queen "accidently overheard him through the keyhole", Uberta is helping to plan the dinner her way...and Derek wouldn't have it any other way!
To celebrate the joyful month of May, purchase the Queen Uberta pin this week to receive 10% off its usual price - available to ship worldwide!
Princess Odette and her friends are celebrating May Day this month and have a great day planned for everyone in the Kingdom!
Prince Derek and Bromley have put up a maypole - there is even a wooden swan at the very top that was carved by the village carpenter and different colors of ribbon are attached just underneath it, waiting for the fun to begin!
The children will each hold a piece of colored ribbon and dance around the maypole, singing along to music and laughing together as the colors intertwine with each other!
Peach Popping Pastries!
Alise and Odette will be having fun in the kitchen this Mother's Day. Baking is one of their favorite things to do, especially when they can do it together - even when more flour ends up on them than in the recipe!
This is a really simple recipe so it's great to make no matter how experienced you are and also great fun for young children to help with!
These peach popping pastries can be eaten warm or cold and go great with ice cream or custard!
• 1 cup (200g) raspberries
•15 oz (410g) canned peach slices in fruit juice drained and chopped
• 1 Tbsp cornflour
• 1 Tbsp honey
• 2 x 12 oz (320g) pie crust pastry sheet
• 1 egg , beaten
• 6 oz (150g) icing sugar
• Sprinkles, Edible Glitter (optional)
1. Set aside 5/6 raspberries and put the rest in a bowl.
2. Drain and chop the peaches into small pieces and toss them together with the raspberries.
3. In a small dish, mix the cornflour and honey together until a paste forms.
4. Stir the paste into the peach and raspberry mix.
5. Unroll the pastry sheets and cut out 6 rectangles from each one.
6. Fold one of the rectangles lengthways to create a fold down the center.
7. Open the pastry rectangle out and spoon the fruit onto one side (leave a border of about 1cm).
8. Beat the egg and brush it around the rectangle edges before refolding it and use a fork to press the edges together.
9. Brush the top of the paste with more egg and poke some holes in the top.
10. Repeat the process for the other rectangles.
11. Place the pastries on a lined baking tray and chill for at least 30 minutes.
12. Bake at 392F/200C/Gas 6/180C fan for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and the fruit bubbles through the holes you made.
14. When the pastries have cooled, mix the raspberries you set aside earlier with the icing sugar and spread it thinly over the delicious treats.
15. Decorate with sprinkles, edible glitter or anything else you can think of!
Share your creations using #SwanPrincess or email Odette@SwanPrincessSeries.com