Have a Swantastic September!
The seasons are beginning to change this month as we enter Autumn! Some countries might notice cooler temperatures, whilst others will still be enjoying a few more weeks of sunshine.
Our US fans will also be celebrating labor day this month and we have some recipes for a mouth watering menu!
Remember to share your creations on social media using #SwanPrincessOfficial
This month we are celebrating the birthday of His Royal Highness (in his own mind) JeanBob!
This makes JeanBob's zodiac sign a Virgo and his birthstone the blue sapphire.
Virgos are perfectionists and are easily fixated by both ideas and tasks. They systematically approach their lives with very linear thinking and an "if this, than that" way of problem solving.
Virgos are hyper aware of details and this makes them very picky about the things and people they keep around them.
Virgos are good at taking complicated jumbles of information onto clear, sometimes oversimplified concepts. They are resourceful and committed friends.
We think this sounds just like JeanBob! And his fixation on getting a kiss to turn back into a prince!
Blue sapphires are associated with royalty and are said to be good for attracting wealth and gifts. Maybe JeanBob should start wearing a sapphire to aid in his "smooching" quest!
Is your birthday in September or do you just like the color blue?
Purchase your gemstone heart locket here!
Honey & BBQ Wings
These sticky and sweet wings are sure to be a hit for part of your Labor Day celebrations!
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 3 eggs
• 2 cups BBQ sauce
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 cups flour
• 6 chicken wings
1. Carefully cut the wings in half (at the joint), to 6 winglets and 6 drumettes - make sure to cut the pointy tip off of the wings.
2. Whisk together the eggs and milk in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine the flour and a dash of salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Pat the chicken dry.
5. Place the chicken pieces in your milky egg mixture.
6. After dipping in the liquid, take the wings and place them in the the flour mixture and ensure that they are fully coated.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
8. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet before placing the wings onto the rack.
9. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
10. Remove the chicken from the oven and flip over.
11. Bake for a further 25 minutes.
12. Approximately 5 minutes before the wings should come out of the oven, you can start to make the honey sauce.
13. Carefully heat 2 cups of BBQ sauce and 3 tablespoons of honey on a medium heat.
14. Stir the mix until it is hot.
15. Remove the chicken pieces from the oven when they are done and toss them into a bowl.
16. Pour the sauce over the chicken and carefully toss to coat the pieces.
17. Place the coated chicken back on the wire rack.
18. Bake chicken for another 5 minutes.
We have a great sauce to go with the sticky chicken wings. It's a cool side alongside the chicken and really easy to make! It's so easy that the children in the village make it as part of their picnics on sunny days!
• 1 packet Ranch seasoning
• 2 cups mayo
• 4 tablespoons milk
1. Combine the 2 cups of mayo with ranch seasoning in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add the milk and whisk the mixture.
3. Allow the ranch to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.