Christmas is a magical time filled with peace and joy but it is also important for another reason... memories!
Memories are one of the most precious gifts, especially at this time of year!
You may be sharing old memories or even making new ones but any happy memory is a special one!
These treasured memories capture the season of love perfectly and remind all of us how much our family means to us, from old traditions to new adventures.
The best way to keep memories and traditions going is by writing them down.
Make a Holiday Journal:
Any notebook will do - write down any holiday activities you participate in including:
Include the date with everything you write down
Decorate the pages with wrapping paper, greeting cards, stickers, tinsel, or any other holiday item that will fit in a book.
Make sure to write in your journal as many times as you can, every holiday season!
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Butter
2.5 cups Flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 egg beaten
Ready-made writing icing
Chocolate buttons and/or small sweets
1. Melt the sugar, brown sugar and butter in a saucepan, then bubble for 1-2 mins before leaving to cool for about 10 mins.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda and spices into a large bowl.
3. Add the warm syrup mixture and the egg to the large bowl and stir everything together.
4. Gently knead the mixture in the bowl until smooth and streak-free. The dough will firm up once cooled.
5. Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes.
6. Remove the dough from the fridge, leave at room temperature until softened.
7. Heat oven to 375 F degrees. Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
8. Roll out the dough to a thickness of around 1 inch.
9. Cut out gingerbread people with a cutter. Re-roll the excess dough and keep cutting until it’s all used up.
10. Place the cut out dough onto the trays and bake for 10-12 mins, swapping the trays over halfway through cooking. Leave to cool on the trays for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
Decorate your gingerbread by adding a face and some buttons! You could even add bow ties and different faces to each one.
We'd love to see your creative ideas, upload a photo with #SwanPrincess for a chance to feature on the official website!
Are you ready for the holiday season?
Have you finished all of your shopping?
Check out these swanderful gifts for fans of The Swan Princess!
This Swan Princess pop-up greeting card features and a princess riding on swan on the inside.
One troy ounce of silver in commemoration of the 25th anniversary, featuring classic Swan Princess images.
FAUX BOOK JOURNAL
This journal comes in three colors and features the much loved quotes and images from the original movie.
About The Swan Princess
The Swan Princess is based upon the folk tale and ballet, Swan Lake. The story is transformed into a playfully fun adventure with exciting music, lovable forest friends, and of course, the handsome Prince Derek. The Swan Princess, Odette, has stayed true to original fairy tale princess with her kindness, grace, and loyalty.
Three reasons you should follow us on social media 1) Get a behind-the-scenes look as Princess Odette and Prince Derek continue their adventures 2) Be one of the first to be notified when new products are released and 3) Share your Swan Princess stories and tales with other die-hard fans.